If you’re like us, you’ve probably at one point or another wondered what the secret behind volunteering is. Why do people volunteer? What makes them want to volunteer? Here at HOPE, we found 6 inspiring reasons why you should get out there and volunteer!
1. "I’ve always been passionate about volunteering with non profits. When I saw that I could make a difference in South America, where my family is originally from, I jumped at the opportunity! Joining the Hope Team wasn’t a hard choice, it came very naturally."
- Stephanie Claros, Marketing Intern
2. "I love my profession, but I’ve always wanted to give it a deeper purpose. A year ago at this time, when I started working with Help Them HOPE, I realized that I could do that here - helping other people while you are working is such a blessing."
- Kelly Mejia, Marketing Assistant
3. "I’ve been a volunteer for as long as I can remember. I was taught when I was young that volunteering really is the best medicine, because by helping others, you are helping yourself! Being a part of the HOPE team is very special because we are constantly working to give back to others in Peru. It’s a beautiful feeling when someone with a HOPE scholarship graduates from the program!"
- Heather Platter, Operations Manager
4. "For me, it’s all about sharing; giving back to the community; continuous learning; making a difference in lives of others, regardless the size; feeling useful and becoming a better person."
- Andrea Eble - National Volunteer Program Coordinator
5. "I really wanted to go back to Peru but I had to find an internship. When Help Them Hope contacted me I saw an opportunity for me to discover how an organization works since I had always worked for companies, but I also saw the opportunity to feel useful helping someone else."
- Mauranne Nicolas, Marketing and Event Intern
6. "Volunteering changed my life, simple as that! The more you give the more you get out of it. Take a break from your daily routine and spend time supporting a local organization."
- John Whelan, Founder
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly